Mid-November Pastor Surekha Hulugalle, national leader of Foursquare UK, joined this important event, praying with many followers of Jesus Christ from numerous denominations and churches for their nation. Continued prayer, individually and as groups, is being strongly encouraged. If you are interested read the following report and letter:
A letter to the UK Church
Building YOUR Altar of Prayer:
Thank you for joining us last weekend at the National Prayer Retreat in East Croydon. I pray that it was a blessing to join with over 250 delegates from across the British Isles to come together for prayer.
We felt caught up by the Lord in His agenda for these lands as we worshiped, prayed, listened and fellow-shipped together over those three days. We knew we were receiving a clear mandate for all present and for the wider Church and nation.
“I am calling my Church to awaken to her call and destiny to pray down my Kingdom into all spheres across these lands. This call is to every disciple of mine both male and female, old, young, married, single, leader or helper. Build my House of prayer in your heart, your home, your sphere of influence, in church, the marketplace, every community, town and city….everywhere!”
The Lord wants us all to rise higher in prayer for souls, for reconciliation, for healing, for transformation, for justice and mercy.
I would like to prayerfully invite you to apply one or more of principles, rhythms or methods of prayer to your own life: Pause to pray the Lord’s Prayer at noon everyday
- Start praying weekly with your family for an hour
- Insert items and moments of prayer into your Sunday and weekly services
- Learn how to pray all night as a church
- Organise regular prayer gatherings with all the churches in your village, town or city
- Join in the 40 days of Fasting and Prayer during Lent…or organise your own
- Get the Youth to lead 24/7 prayers in your university, church or network
- Begin a daily rhythm of early morning prayer, reflection and bible reading devotion
- Organise a tiny or large scale prayer event for your village, town or region
- Let the Vicar, Pastor or Church leader become the key champion of prayer for your church
- Sign up to pray for the nation as an individual or group or church…choose an hour, a day in the week or a date in the month
We sense that the time is NOW to saturate the whole of the British Isles with constant prayer in preparation for a massive harvest of souls, as a canopy of peace and protection over the Isles and to create an atmosphere for people to be drawn back to God. We believe that all Believers across these Isles should unite to establish ONE ‘National’ Altar of Prayer to cover this family of nations.
Wouldn’t it be great to have ceaseless 24/365 prayers going up every hour of every day throughout the year?
The events unfolding across Europe, Africa, The Middle East and the Globe are signs of the times and the Coming of the Lord. We need to get the Church ready to meet the King of Kings and to be SALT and LIGHT in these End Times.
To this end we strongly encourage all believers in these Isles to unite beyond differences of colour, culture, class and creed. There is a Call from the young people for all Christians to fast for, or during, 40 days of Lent starting in 2016. We believe this is a call from the Lord and encourage Christians everywhere to join in without controversy
May His Kingdom Come!
Dr. Jonathan Oloyede.
Convener of the National Day of Prayer & Worship